Eco tourism emerged in early 1970s however it has been only for last 10 years that it became one of the fastest growing trends in the tourism industry. This article aims to tell you a bit more about this rising trend and what it has got to offer to single travellers.
Eco or sustainable vacations are about exploring the world and having a positive or low impact on its people, its natural beauty and preservation for future generations. It is an alternative to mass tourism, and its main purpose is to make people aware how to protect the environment through for example recycling, energy efficiency and water conservation. It also aims to provide funds for ecological conservation and support for the local communities. It typically involves visiting natural areas and cultural heritage destinations.
Here are some great eco holiday propositions for those singles who have a desire to explore natural environment and like to preserve its beauty:
- Solo Culture Holidays (iExplore)
iExplore’s holidays are designed for singles only and include visiting historical sites and meeting local communities. They are organised in all continents and combine cultural events with adventure activities. The trips include:
- Flight of the Condor ( Peru , Central & South America) – the holiday highlights are: Colca Canyon & condors, Cusco & Machu Picchu and Uros Indians of Titicaca
- The Kasbah Trail ( Morocco , Africa) – the holiday highlights are: Fez and Marrakesh, Atlas Mountains , Desert and camels.
- Pyramids to Petra ( Egypt , Jordan ) – the holiday highlights are: Cairo and the Pyramids, Sinai and Red Sea, Petra and Dana National Park
- Exclusively For Singles: Eco holidays to Mauritius (Eco Tour)
The holidays are about single travellers enjoying fabulous beaches, stunning green areas of Mauritius with fantastic volcanic Mountains and dense unspoilt forests. All of this can be explored on foot or on the bike. You will have a chance do get to know the culture and explore the unspoiled beauty of the Island. Throughout the holiday you can organise your time as you desire. You will take part in green excursions and will have opportunity to do some eco – voluntary work.
- Wildlife & Eco Trip (Tell Tale Travel)
Designed for single travellers who wish to travel with likeminded people, get to know the wildlife of Rainforest and discover the culture of Brazil . The holidays are escorted by an award winning photographer who also can teach you how to use the digital camera. There is no single supplement!
- Solo Adventure Travel and Singles Vacations
This American tour operator is known for its sustainable travel ethics and offers wide range of Eco vacations designed with singles in mind, these include:
- Utah, Bryce, Zion – this vacations will give you the opportunity to see wind- swept rock formations, river-carved slot canyons and scenic sandstone switchbacks than in Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks .
- Greece to Italy – tour designed for those single travellers who are interested in literature, language and culture of the ancient Greeks and Romans.
- Montana, Glacier National Park – hiking tour to known to the Native Americans as the “Shining Mountains” and the “Backbone of the World”. Single travellers will have the opportunity to admire the beauty of the incredible landscapes of Glacier National Park which preserves over a million acres of old growth forests, alpine lakes, rugged mountains and sweeping wildflower meadows.
To find out more about the eco holidays and how you as a single traveller can contribute to the sustainable and responsible tourism visit this sites: